Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Autism

Tonight I was watching Larry King Live, something I very rarely do. It was an hour dedicated to Autism. A mysterious condition that hits 1 our of 150 children in our Country. 1 OUT OF 150. Over the last several years I've learned more and more about Autism, but I still have a lot more to learn.

The thing I can't comprehend is every one seems baffled about Autism. How does someone get it? Are they born with it or do they develop it? Can it be treated? Can it be prevented?

On tonight's LKL, Holly Robinson Peete, Toni Braxton and Doug Flutie were on. Each have a child with the disease, each with a similar story. Jason McElwain was also on. For those of you who don't know watch the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fw1CcxCUgg

Every time I hear about this story, I get choked up. It has to be the most heart warming story I have seen in a long time. More importantly it puts a face to Autism. I hope they can find a cure in my lifetime.

No comments: