Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Some of my favorite things

There are a handful of material things that I really enjoy having in my life. 10 or 15 years ago, these things were either not invented or I never thought much of.

1. iPod - I love music, more older than newer, but with the invention of the ipod, my workouts are much more fun. It's small, easy to use and very attractive and I can't imagine not using one when I am working out.

2. crocs - The first time I was introduced to these colorful rubberesque shoes was at a boat show some 6 years ago. I could have gotten a pair at cost, but for some reason I didn't. Sure they were hideously ugly, but at the same time, I thought they were kinda cool. Was I too cheap back then or was I afraid to make a bold statement? Several years later, I have 2 pairs and I love them. They are comfortable and for people who don't get the allure of them, well, they just don't get it.

3. Voice Mail - Back in the day when I had a answering machine, I could never figure out how to call in and hear my messages. I made a promise to myself, the first time I am on my own and paying the phone bill, I will get voice mail. It's convenient and smart and I don't see going back to a answer machine every again.

4. Chocolate Chip Cookies - what else can I say about the chocolate chip cookie that hasn't already been said? You tell me someone who doesn't like a good chocolate chip cookie and I will tell you someone who isn't all there.

5. Football Sundays - Some pray on Sundays, some Shop on Sundays, for me, I love to watch the NFL. It is a great escape for several hours and every one needs a great escape now and than.

6.Internet - I can only imagine how much easier and better high school and college would have been with the internet. Emailing, Iming, Googling, Blogging, can you imagine 15 years from now how advanced we will be?

No comments: