Monday, January 3, 2011

First Post of '11

So here we are in 2011 and I for one hope it is a better year than 2010. My New Years Resolution is simple, less clutter in my life. Let's hope I can meet that goal.

Now that the NFL regular season is over, let's hope the NFL and Players Union can play nice and there is no work stoppage. It would be a shame to have nothing to watch on Fall Sundays. Speaking of the NFL, I need to call out a few people and set them straight.

1. Mike Shanahan. It's time for you to crawl back under the rock you came from. You are a lousy head coach, who owes everything to John Elway and the Broncos team. You are living proof, Coaches cannot win games, but sure can lose them. Let me get this straight, you trade a 2nd and 3rd round pick for Donovan McNabb and than bench him? Huh? If you had any doubts in the guy, why would you trade so much for him? And how can you blame Donovan when you had NO ONE around him. And, than you have a year long pissing contest with Albert Haynesworth, why not trade him for a 4th rd pick at the deadline? Did you honestly think he would play for you or you would get something more? Instead, you bench him the last 4 weeks of the season. Thankfully, The Redskins are in the NFC East and Mike Shanahan will be good for some more blunders in the season to come.

2. Brett Favre. What can I say about Good Ole Brett? Well, he should have retired 5 years ago (He'd be going into the HOF this year if he did) Maybe take away his cell phone or at least block his texting privileges. When he wanted to come to Minnesota, didn't he realize who the head coach was and rule number 1, Coaches do not win games, but can lose them. I don't know how many times I can keep saying that. When Brett found out he was going to be a Grand Daddy, that should have been a sign to call it a career. So, here we are, 2011 and the I want to see a press conference in Mississippi and Brett says this "It was a great career, I played a few seasons too long. I'm sorry, but I had this bug in me to see my name in lights. I apologize to my family, friends and team mates, I was selfish, I hope you will forgive me. Ted Thompson, I am sorry I held you hostage when I couldn't make up my mind. I hope you can put all of that behind you and know that I truly appreciate what you did for me. Aaron Rodgers, I am sorry I was such an ass to you, despite that, you were a helluva an understudy and I hope you break everyone on my records in Green Bay. And finally, to the fans. I know I didn't care much about you during my playing days, but looking back, I should have. Without you, there would be No Brett Favre, Green Bay Packers or NFL, thank you."

3. Michael Vick. You are a living, breathing example of second chances. Please take this seriously. You are my inspiration that people deserve second chances. I am angry at what you did, but you deserve another chance. Don't Mess Up, When you get a free minute, see Plaxico Burriss and have a talk with him. Explain to him, he has to be responsible for his actions. Be truly sorry for what you did and DO NOT DO IT AGAIN. You are a husband and father and your family needs you around.

4. Al Golden. You took a nothing program like Temple and taught them how to win a football game. The NCAA repayed you by giving you the shaft. I am glad you took the UM job. Bring them back to National Dominance. Let the world know the "U" is back. I expect National Championships. I expect writers correcting themselves about what is the best college job in coaching.

5. Cliff Lee. You shocked me. And I am rarely shocked. I commend you for sticking with your heart and I hope Philadelphia repays you. You are truly a classy individual, who has principles and you deserve multiple championships.

6. Roy Halladay. Thank you for letting me see history.

7. NBA and David Stern. Go away and don't come back until you fix the game I use to love. You should be embarrassed about letting the NBA turn into a laughing stock.

Finally,
8. Andy Reid. I have never seen or heard of anyone being this disrespected. But you deserve more respect than Philadelphia gives you. 9 playoff appearances in 11 years. Knowing when to let go someone before they cannot perform, drafting and signing the right people. Keep up the great work. You are a first ballot Hall of Famer in my book.

No comments: