Friday, October 15, 2010

Week 6

Wow, I really sucked last week. I couldn't pick a winner even if I guessed against myself. So here are some of my thoughts coming into this weekend:

Chicago (-6.5) vs Seattle
The Bears are at home against the Seahawks. Jay Cutler will be back after missing a week with a concussion. BTW, how many concussions have there been this season so far? Are the hits getting harder or just the diagnosis getting easier? Anyway, I am not buying into the Seahawks as anything more than an 8-8 team. And sadly, they might win their division. Seahawks are on the road, where they do not do well. It will be interesting to see if Marshawn Lynch gets some opportunities. I like the Bears this week
Bears 24 - Seahawks 13

New England (-2.5) vs Baltimore
Patriots at home coming off a bye week, it's hard to pick against that. However, the Ravens could be the best team in the NFL. Their Defense has not been leading the way and Ed Reed is a week or so away of returning. Tom Brady has one of his favorite targets back in Dieon Branch. The Patriots have proven they can win as long as Tom Brady is protected.
Patriots 27 - Ravens 24

NY Giants (-10.5) vs Detroit
The Lions are coming off a 44 pt out pour on the poor Rams. I thought the Rams would surprise everyone last week, I was wrong. I am still not buying into the Lions, they are much improved, but lack something. The Giants seem to be clicking and this could very well be a blow out.
Giants 38 - Lions 17

Philadelphia (-1.5) vs Atlanta
Matt Ryan returns home to play the Eagles. 2 years ago, the Eagles stifled him, I think this Eagle Defense is much better. Here's the problem, The Eagles Offensive line is not doing so well and I think they will get to Kevin Kolb. Kolb will have to make fast decisions and that will lead to LeSean McCoy getting a lot of touches. However, the Falcons, in my opinion are the best team in the NFC, at least right now and I think they find a way to win
Falcons 22 - Eagles 20

Pittsburgh (-13.5) vs Cleveland
Rookie QB Colt McCoy starting in Pittsburgh, ouch. Big Ben returns from his 4 week suspension with a lot to prove, this won't be pretty if you are a Browns fan
Pittsburgh 37 - Browns 6

Green Bay (-1.5) vs Miami
Will Aaron Rodgers play or not?
Dolphins 24 - Packers 11

San Diego (-8.5) @ St. Louis
Chargers coming off a sloppy loss to the Raiders and The Lions coming off a sloppy loss to the Lions. I feel Norv Turner is on the hot seat this year, especially if they don't win the AFC West and make it to the Championship game. The Rams are a good team to take it all out on, but will the young Rams Defense be able to contain the high powered Chargers Offense?
Chargers 31 - Rams 16

New Orleans (-5.5) @ Tampa
The Saints are a better team than the Bucs, but I get the impression from the Bucs, they don't know they are not suppose to be competitive. Josh Freeman is definitely a future star in this league and I like their young receiving corp. But the Saints proved last year they can win and even with all of the injuries, I still think Drew Brees and company pulls this one out.
Saints 26 - Bucs 20

Houston (-4.5) vs Kansas City
Houston got destroyed last week by the Giants. They were not in the game at all. Matt Schaub has been very inconsistent this season and that really hurts their chances of winning the division. Andre Johnson is hurt, but the whole key to the team is Owen Daniels, with him still recovering from injuries, the Texans haven't been able to move the ball like in the past. The Chiefs, like the Buccs are a young team with a lot of talent, but lack experience. I think they should move Dwayne Bowe and stock pile some draft picks. This game will come down to which defense shows up to stop the other.
Texans 28 - Chiefs 17

San Francisco (-6.5) vs Oakland
Finally, the 49ers get off the schneid, or the Coach gets canned.
49ers 35 - Raiders 21

NY Jets (3.5) @ Denver
I still don't buy into the Jets. I don't know what it is, but I don't see them as a top team in the league. LT can't go on like this whole season, can he? Mark Sanchez is still a sophomore? The Defense, despite injuries is still one of the best in the league. Kyle Orton is having a great season, this will be a great test.
Jets 26 - Broncos 23

Minnesota (-1.5) vs Dallas
My least favorite player against my least favorite team
Cowboys 24 - Vikings 21

Indianapolis (-3.5) @ Washington
Peyton Manning tears the skins defense to shreads. McNabb does the same to Indy's.
Colts 44 - Redskins 34

Tennessee (-3.5) @ Jacksonville
Jags keep it close the first three quarters, Titans run away from the in the 4th
Titans 31 - Jags 13

No comments: