Wednesday, September 29, 2010

QB's around the league

I can't say I am surprised with Brett Favre's success (or lack there of) so far this season. I knew it was just a matter of time for the one time impact QB to play his age. He always was a gun slinger who thought he was better than the game, but now he is just an average Quarterback. I am surprised by Michael Vick's play. Talented yes, disciplined no, Vick so far has turned it around and looks like he will be around for a long, long time. The one thing I really think making Vick so good, is his patience. He is letting the game come to him. He is hitting his wide outs, which is something McNabb never did consistently throughout a game.

Speaking of McNabb, he has to win games like the one Sunday against St. Louis. If the team isn't able to run the ball or stop a rookie QB, than McNabb has to elevate his game. That's what made him so special in Philly for all of those years. If he can't, than it's no surprise Andy Reid traded him to a division rival.

Trent Edwards waived by Buffalo and claimed by Jacksonville. Talk about going from one bad situation to another. I like Jack Del Rio, but I think he is done in JAX after this season. I also think David Garrard will follow and I wonder if this is why Trent Edwards was signed, take a chance on him by week 11 and see if he will be a QB of the future with this team.

Charlie Batch is looking like a great Backup QB and I hope Pittsburgh rewards him with the back up duties when Big Ben returns.

I really like Josh Freeman and I think he is the real deal. Imagine how good this team will be with some experience?

No comments: