Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Final Four

Ughhh, I really sucked making my picks this year. Infact, this is the first time in 22 years, I didn't get at least 1 team into the Final Four. But, my thinking wasn't bad, I just messed up my teams. Two number 5 seeds made it into the Final Four and one from a mid major, but it wasn't Temple. It was Butler. Like Temple, they had a great year, but unlike Temple, they controlled the pace of their first 4 games and won.

I knew a top team would lose in the second round, I thought it would be Kentucky. Young and Talented isn't always a formula to make it to the Final Four, well, the top team was Kansas, my team to win it all. I thought KU had a nice mix of talent, experience and luck to do it. I was wrong.

Tom Izzo is the best coach in College Hoops right now. He seems to take under achieving teams and does great things with them. He also has a record of 15-3 on the second game of a weekend. Which means, he gets his team prepared.

West Virginia won the Big East. Bob Huggins good coach, shady background. Has his team playing great at the right time.

Coach K deserves a final four, his first in 6 years. I don't think he has the best team out there, but they seem to take advantage of the opportunity.

My picks: Michigan State over Butler / WVU over Duke / Michigan State cuts down the nets

Considering I am right 50% of the time, it's safe to assume, my prediction is only half right.

Hey guess what? Opening Day next week!

No comments: