Monday, March 15, 2010

Can't get it right

I am the first to complain about the BCS. I can't understand how a computer can pick a National Championship game and College Football should be more like College Hoops. Well, after seeing this years brackets, the selection committee dropped the ball. How can Temple, winners of the A-10, 29-5 record, an RPI of 8 and a 10 game winning streak be rewarded with a 5 seed against an over powering opponent Cornell? Where as city Rival Villanova, losers of 5 of 7, including a a Big East quarterfinal lose, an RPI of 15 and a head-to-head lose, given a 2 seed?

I feel Temple has a better second round match up with Wisconsin than first round Cornell. I'm not really sure what to think of Villanova's road to the final four. I guess after venting I feel better, the committee gets it right so I think Temple will beat Cornell and play Wisconsin or Wofford in round 2.

I like Kansas to win the whole thing. They have the best all around team, played in the toughest conference and kept winning.

No comments: