Wednesday, April 11, 2007

One's Actions

In the World we live in today, you are responsible for your actions. I've said this before and believe it to this day, we live in a Country that gives you second chances. To get a second chance, you need to do 3 things, apologize, be sincere about your apology and don't do the same thing again.

Right now, the biggest story going on is about Radio Talk Show Host, Don Imus and his racially and sexually inappropriate comments about the Rutgers Women's Basketball Team. Imus' comments were wrong and whether he means what he said or he just said it because that's what he gets paid to do, he should have been smart enough not to say it. I expect Imus to be fired. I think CBS Radio and MSNBC will feel the pressure to make Imus an example, thus he will be looking for a job elsewhere.

Imus has agreed to meet with the Rutgers team and their coaches in a closed door meeting and I commend the team for agreeing to meet with him. I think it shows class to give him the opportunity to apologize face to face. I feel he is quite remorseful for his actions and I hope all works out for him and the team at the end.

While, Imus is making the front page, bold type, the last page in tiny fonts, NBA Championship Winning Heat Basketball player James Posey, World Series Winning Manager Tony LaRussa and NFL Hall of Famer Warren Moon were all arrested for DUIs. They seem to get off scott free. It slays me that these Millionaires can do what they want and not have to take responsibility for their actions. I find it hard to believe that in their drunk state of minds they got into their expensive cars and drove. How stupid are they? Someone could have been hurt or even worse. I am waiting for someone to stand up and call these idiots and idiots like them out. I am waiting for someone at a bar to grab their keys and call them a taxi or a limo. I am just waiting for someone to step up

Finally, I take my hat off to NFL Commissioner Roger Goddell and the NFL Players Association for suspending Pacman Jones and Chris Henry for behavior unbecoming of a human being. Mr. Goddell stated it is a privilege to play in the NFL. And I for one agree totally with him. Yes I love watching the best of the best play on Sundays and I really don't care what they do on their own time, but when I hear what they do on their own time, thats usually not good. Henry and Jones were given second chances, they were only suspended for several games. Let them learn from their mistakes and become better people, upstanding citizens if you will.

No comments: