Sunday, April 15, 2007

Just Stuff On A Sunday Night

I believe strongly about accountability. One of the problems I have with religion is that it is easy to credit or blame someone else. First of all, I do believe in religion, I believe in God and I respect what other people believe, whether it is the same or different as me. I expect others to share in my respect, unfortunately they don't. People have a tendency to be egocentric, caring only what happens in their world. But most of the world's problems could be avoided if you'd step into someone else's life.

I look at the world as a whole and I look at my life and I know I have good, actually, I have it great. I have been blessed with countless opportunities to do better. I am grateful for what I have, even though I don't show it as much as I should. I respect the people who have come before me and their trials and tribulations to get there. I pray for those around me who have been dealt a poor hand as I hope they pray for those around them.

It's a sick, crazy world we live in and if you don't have accountability, what do you have?

No comments: