Friday, August 14, 2009

Michael Vick

Surprise, Michael Vick has a new home and surprise, surprise it's with the Eagles.

Am I shocked by Vick signing with Philly, not really. The Eagles are poised to make a run at the Super Bowl and the needed a Back Up QB with experience, an insurance policy for Donovan McNabb. Do I think he is a long term solution, No.

I like the signing. I have no problems with Michael Vick. He payed his debt and deserves a second chance. Now, with that said, he's on a short leash (no pun intended.) He's got to be close to Quire Boy Status. Philly fans might be hating on this move now, but the second he comes in and scores a TD or the Eagles win because of his heroics, they will forget his past.

I commend Andy Reid and Jeffry Lurie for taking a chance on him. And I hope it all leads to a Super Bowl Parade down Broad Street.

No comments: