Monday, August 3, 2009

The Dog

For the last 5 weeks, my wife and I have been dog sitting. Our next door neighbor's grand daughter was going away for several weeks and needed a place for her Bichon. She was offering us some compensation and besides, we know the dog and she seems like a sweet dog.

The dog is beyond sweet. She follows me around like, well, a puppy dog. She absolutely adores us.

I am not a dog person, I love other people's dogs, but I, myself would never get one. But here are a few observations that I made with this pooch:
1. She's fat, but isn't a big eater. So she is fed lots and lots of table food.
2. When she goes for a walk, she smells every inch of every lawn. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't 97 degrees outside when I walk her.
3. She follows me around EVERYWHERE just so I can pet her. She loves getting her belly rubbed.
4. She's so desperate for anything else but her dog food, she eats Sheri's bird's seed that fall besides the cage.
5. I can only hope my baby is this excited to see me when I come home each day.

We have the dog for 2 more weeks and you would think the owner would check in on her maybe once? I don't get some people. Watching the dog is a nice preview for the change that will be coming to my life in the next 10 weeks.

No comments: