Friday, June 6, 2008

The Return of Blind Melon

13 years after the death of Lead Singer Shannon Hoon, Blind Melon is back together. The surviving members of the original band got together with new lead singer, Travis Warren to release a new album and tour. "For My Friends" was released back in April.

Blind Melon never got their due when the original band was performing. They played in the back drop of Nirvana, Sublime and Pearl Jam. Here's hoping the reincarnation of the band makes it big.

I recently purchased their new album, the second album I purchased in more than 5 years. I am not much into today's music. I think it lacks something and I can't put my finger on what? When I originally got into Blind Melon, the band had already broken up. Listening to their first 3 studio albums, their music talked to me. Something in the lyrics and music struck a chord. I am hoping "For My Friends" does the same thing, 12 years later.

I've always felt a connection to Blind Melon and here's hoping it continues.

No comments: