Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The NBA - BLAH

I have to preface this by saying, I am really trying to watch the NBA playoffs, but I am just having the hardest time getting through 2 minutes of it. The other night, I flipped the channels and they were reviewing a play in which the clock was never turned on. Under 5 seconds left, the Detroit player raced down the court, passed the ball to another who heaved a three pointer. My eyes told me there was no way this made it in the right time, but apparently the refs can't look at a replay at this time.

2 days later the commissioner says, the call was wrong, but the refs were right in getting to their decision. HUH? If the call was wrong, the call was wrong. This play might have cost Orlando the game, who knows, but it's another reason to not watch the NBA.

While I am talking about hating on the NBA, I have to talk about one of my least favorite players, MVP Kobe Bryant. He comes off as an arrogant jerk who cares more about Kobe Bryant than anyone or anything else. Every time I see him in an interview or watch him doing something, it looks insincere.

No comments: