Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It's Still A Game

Over the last few weeks, people have been so critical of Baseball Players celebrating or showing emotion on the field. I believe they claim it's damaging to the game. The key word here being, IT'S A GAME! How many people get paid for playing a game? Me personally, if I was getting millions of dollars to play a game, you bet your ass I would be celebrating every little accomplishment.

In all seriousness, if that's possible, I don't see the big deal. I don't think anyone is showing anyone else up. If a batter wants to stare at a homerun he just crushed 500 feet, so be it. The pitcher shouldn't be upset at the batter, he should be upset at himself for giving up the hit. If a pitcher wants to celebrate striking out a .222 hitter, he should be able to. If the hitter has a problem with it, maybe he should get a hit off him so he can celebrate.

I have no problem with celebrations in any sports. It's a game, all I ask is to keep it positive. I draw the line on celebrating someone getting injured. I always hated the athlete who takes himself seriously. (Right Homerun Champ?)

No comments: