Sunday, February 4, 2007

Super Sunday

After 2 weeks of hype, it's finally here SuperBowl XLI, The Bears vs The Colts. Before I go into that, I would like to rant about the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Michael Irvin finally got elected after 2 years of eligibility and Paul Tagliabue didn't get in on his first ballot. I have such a problem with the biggest bunch of egomanaics, the Writers. These morons have their own agendas and think they should be the story. For every good, responsible journalists, there is 2 twisted, dumbasses trying to make a statement. I have a simple philosophy when it comes to people's opinions, if you don't like them, don't listen or turn the channel, etc. So with that in mind, I have already tuned out the majority of the idiots on ESPNs Around The Horn, including their braindead host as well as several others. I am glad Michael Irvin finally got into the Hall of Fame, he was the 2nd best receiver in the last 20 years bar none. He was an impact player both on and off the field and he is becoming one of the best analysts in Football. And I don't agree with some of what he says, he always makes a compelling argument.

Now for the SuperBowl. Is there anyone giving the Bears any respect? Just a few months ago, they were the "Best" team in the NFL. Now they are more than 7 point underdogs with everyone questioning why they should be there. Peyton Manning is a great QB and I would love to see him one a Ring. Is there a better receiver right now in football like Marvin Harrison? After the last year that Tony Dungy had to endore, does anyone deserves this more?

The Bears have had 2 weeks to prepare for the Colts No huddle. The Field will likely be wet and sloppy come game time. The Bears Defense wants to make a very big impact early on, but its going to be what happens beyond the first quarter. I think the Bears are going to run, run, run all over the Colts Defense. Plus, Devon Hester is going to change the complexity of the game sometime in the second half. However, The Colts are an offensive machine and can score in a mere minute. The Kickers will have to be at their best. Both of Vinateri and Gould can kick in the outdoors and the slop. I think it comes down Ball Control and Clock Management. Although I think The Colts should win the game, I am going out on a limb and predicting the Bears pull the huge upset 27-25. MVP - Thomas Jones

1 comment:

Mike said...

Insightful predictions about the SB... I actually had much of the same thoughts predicting the Bears to win a close game, with Gould kicking the game winner.

Boy were we wrong!

Oh well, I had no rooting interest either way so no big deal. Hopefully next year the Eagles will squeeze in and give me something to cheer about and not just the commercials...