Monday, January 4, 2010

Year in Review

So this is my blog and this is my forum to say what I want to say. Someone once told me it's a great idea to write your thoughts down, even if no one reads them.

2009 started off great. I really thought it was going to be my year. It turned out to be the most stressful year of my life and I am quite surprised I didn't have a breakdown. I gave up on the notion Sheri and I were going to have a baby the conventional way and I accepted the fact it was going to cost us A LOT of money to get pregnant, but I kept my eye on the end result, a beautiful baby (or two.) It was a very rocky pregnancy, but it happened and there were times I thought it might end, it didn't. Sheri and I have been blessed with the most beautiful little girl in the world, Sofia Drew. She is everything I could have ever imagined a baby could be and more. My daughter loves me and I am not just saying that, she looks at me with her big blue eyes and I can see how much she adores me. Of course, the feeling is quite mutual. No matter how crappy things are, I hold her and it all seems to go away. I think I was put on this planet to be a father.

The rest of my year was pretty stressful and instead of blogging about details, I thought I would sum it up like this - I believe in fate and karma. I believe in things happening for a reason and we may not know why something happens, there is some cosmic reason things happen. I can only control certain things around me and I try to do what's best for my family. I keep expectations down and hope up. I believe in God, but have my doubts about religion. I believe we are given choices and most people chose to do the wrong thing. I believe in putting yourself in situations where you have the most control. And I believe in myself, because if I can't do it, it probably won't get done.

No comments: