Monday, June 29, 2009

Saddened, but not shocked

I can't say I am shocked about the untimely death of the King of Pop. For a generation, Michael Jackson changed pop music and became the first entertainer to mix upbeat pop music and dance moves never seen before. How many times did I play Thriller? I am pretty sure the tape is worn out. As amazing of a performer as Michael Jackson was, in his personal life, he was one weird dude.

He transformed from a good looking Black guy to a scary looking white guy and that was just the tip of the ice berg. From Never Land Ranch to Deprivation chambers to dangling his baby over a balcony, Michael Jackson definitely had some issues he needed to resolve.

When all is said and done, I will remember Michael Jackson belting out Beat It or Leading the zombies in the greatest video of all time, Thriller. There will never be another like the King of Pop.

No comments: