Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Some Various Things

My version of a stream of conscious, sports style.

I am tired of hear bout T.O. Is he a Hall of Famer? Probably not. He has the numbers, but he will be remembered as a self-centered guy who couldn't make things work with three teams (and counting.) Unlike some prima donna's before him, TO has no bling on his finger signifying his team was the best that year.

Jay Cutler seems like a big baby. I am glad Denver is trying to trade him, I personally would. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy I want leading my team. I don't think he has it in him to lead a championship team, he is too concerned about his feelings being hurt. I think he will wind up in Tampa or New York (good luck with the NY media) or an outside chance he ends up in San Francisco.

I am happy Coach Cal took the Kentucky job. I always knew he could be a big fish in a small pond, now he will have the chance to be an even bigger fish in an ocean. The SEC is right for the pickings, I see an immediate turn around for Kentucky and good fortunes for Coach Cal.

It will be very interesting to see how the Yankees do this season. They have invested a lot of money in their team, but was it money wisely spent? Well, I guess it doesn't matter how much they spend, it seems like they print it up themselves, but I question some of their pick ups. CC Sabathia, great pitcher, but they over paid for him. They were bidding against themselves. Mark Texeria, see above. AJ Burnett, Reminds me of Karl Pavano, I am sure he will spend a good portion of the year on the DL. I am still not impressed with Joba or any of their young arms. With all that money they spent, anything less than a World Championship will be a catastrophic. Imagine if they do not make the playoffs again this year? Heads will roll.

I like Carolina winning the NCAA Tournament this year. But I am pulling for Villanova. I know it's no Temple, but it would be great if Nova does it. I really like Michigan St upsetting UConn. It will be a virtual home game for them and is their a better big game coach than Tom Izzo?

Finally, here are my predictions for the upcoming MLB Season.
AL WEST: Angels, A's; Mariners; Rangers.
AL CENTRAL: Indians; White Sox; Twins; Tigers; Royals.
AL EAST: Yankees; Red Sox; Rays; Jays; Orioles.
NL West; Giants; Dodgers; Diamondbacks; Rockies; Padres.
NL Central: Cubs; Cardinals; Astros; Reds; Pirates; Brewers.
NL East; Phillies; Marlins; Mets; Braves; Nationals

Angels & Cubs in the World Series - Angels Champs

No comments: