Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Lack of Respect...

Being a Temple University Alumni, I can truly appreciate it what it is like to be disrespected. Yes it is a great institute of higher learner. Yes we have had some great alumni, Bob Saget, Katherine Morris from Cold Case and of course our most famous alumni, Bill Cosby. But what is Temple mostly noted for? Well in the sports world, 2 things:

1. A Lousy Football Team
2. Our Former Coach barging into than UMass head coach John Callipari's Press Conference, threatening to kill him.

Temple is the ugly step child of the City of Philadelphia, is it because it is the biggest public university in Philadelphia? Maybe. But I can't think of one good reason we are not playing in the Big East, instead we are playing basketball in the Atlantic 10 and Football in the MAC. Why doesn't the Big East want us? I am tired of them saying our football team, that's a load of crap. They keep Providence in and their basketball team hasn't done much.

I believe in Fran Dunphy. I think he is a tremendous coach and I will not be surprised if he takes his current team far in the NCAA tournament. I also really like Al Golden, I think he has a good thing going with the Football Team and I think it's just a matter of time before he surprises EVERYONE and Temple makes it to a Bowl Game and becomes a legitimate football team.

It's time for Temple to step it up and show the Country what we are all about.

No comments: